Scaling Up and Evaluating Salt Reduction Policies and Programs in Latin American Countries: Project 108167
This project addressed Latin America’s high blood pressure rates through research that strengthened and expanded existing salt reduction programs. The project was completed between 2016-2020 with support from the L’Abbe Lab using FLIP-LAC (Food Label Information Program for Latin American Countries). Participating countries included Argentina, Costa Rica, Paraguay and Peru. The following is a list of publications pertaining to this project.
- Changes in the Sodium Content of Foods Sold in Four Latin American Countries: 2015 to 2018. Nutrients 2021, 13(11), 4108.
- Sodium levels in packaged foods sold in 14 Latin American and Caribbean countries : a food label analysis. Nutrients 2019, 11, 369.
- Nutritional Quality of Food and Beverages Offered in Supermarkets of Lima According to the Peruvian Law of Healthy Eating. Nutrients 2020, 12(5), 1508.
- Relationship between marketing to children on food labeling and critical nutrient content in processed and ultra-processed products sold in supermarkets in Lima, Peru Nutrients 2020, 12, 3666.
- An Evaluation of the Sodium Content and Compliance with the National Sodium Reduction Targets among Packaged Foods Sold in Costa Rica in 2015 and 2018. Nutrients 2019, 11(9), 2226.
- Impact of salt intake reduction on CVD mortality in Costa Rica : a scenario modelling study. PLOS ONE 2021, 16(1), e0245388.
- Monitoring Sodium Content in Processed Foods in Argentina 2017–2018: Compliance with National Legislation and Regional Targets. Nutrients 2019, 11(7), 1474.
TECHNICAL REPORTS & EVALUATIONS
- Sodium levels in packaged foods 2017-2018 : an analysis of four Latin American countries. 2020-02-01.
- Salt reduction in Latin America : a regional social marketing and communication plan. 2020-02.
- Scaling-up and evaluating salt reduction policies and programs in Latin American countries : final technical report -University of Ontario Institute of Technology. 2020-02-10.
- Scaling-up and evaluating salt reduction policies and programs in Latin American countries – final technical report -University of Toronto. 2020-02-03.
- Facilitators and barriers of research adoption to policy action in five Latin American countries : preliminary results. 2020-03-06.
- Final technical report (Spanish) / rapport technique final anexo ii-a informes finales países. 2020-03.
- Evaluation of a multi-national dietary sodium research program in Latin America. 2020-03-06.
- Escalando y evaluando las políticas y programas de reducción de sal en América Latina : informe técnico final. 2020-03-07.
- An evaluation of the sodium content and compliance with the national sodium reduction targets among packaged foods sold in Costa Rica in 2015 and 2018. 2019-09-15.
- FLIP-LAC user guide. 2018-01-16.
- Protocol for FLIP study of project IDRC 108167 scaling-up and evaluating salt reduction policies and programs in Latin American countries. 2018-01-30.
- INSTRUCTIVO PARA EL REGISTRO DE DATOS SOBRE LA PRESENCIA Y EL TIPO DE ESQUEMAS DE ETIQUETADO NUTRICIONAL FRONTAL EN ALIMENTOS PRE-ENVASADOS